Sunday, August 3, 2008

End of Intervals--5 weeks to go

This was the last week of hard interval work. But this weekend was hard. Saturday was three thirty minute tempo rides up Lefthand Canyon and Sunday was five twenty minute tempos. That is a lot of tempo riding for me.

With only 5 weeks to go there really is only one hard week of training left. Next week is a rest week. The following week, especially Aug 14-17, is a simulated first four days of the coast to coast (C-2-C). I will do several hundred miles over that four days with plenty of climbs. Just to make sure I don't dog it all, Mike has added a few tempos.

After that it is balancing rest and keeping fitness until the C-2-C begins. BTW, I checked the temperatures at the first four stops Friday afternoon--110, 116, 106, 99. It has a month to cool down but I don't think it is going to cool down enough.

Summary for week: 11 hours, 191 miles, 5799 calories, 6780 ft climbs.

No comments: