Sunday, March 21, 2010

Winter Returns



We are in that Colorado March weather pattern of a couple days of storms, then it warms up nicely usually with winds, and then another round of storms. This week I started in Memphis doing steady states at 230 3x8x4 and that went pretty well. But only got three days in. Lost Thursday to travel and the snow came Friday and Saturday. Did another round of SS (Tour de Garage) at 220 (my high elevation target) and that went very well. Sunday I went to the gym early for weights and then an moderate 25 mile loop.

That breaks my streak of 100 mile weeks at 3. Look to get a long ride in on Monday with the temperature forecast to be in the 60's and then Tuesday and Wednesday is the next storm.

I keep looking at the PAC website and looking at Susan's pictures. I wish I were there riding or in better position to ride the Northern Transcontinental but I can't see that happening.

Totals for the week: 72 miles, 5:30 workouts and 2400 KCal riding. Not a strong week.

No comments: