Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Breaking a Plateau

I seem to have broken through a plateau the last ten days. All my rides are stronger and the threshold work comes at about a 7 of 10 instead of an 8. I have also made some progress, albeit small, in moving my CTL up after several weeks of no improvement. Overall I am encouraged by the progress.

I don't know why I am surprised. This was how it was when I was training with Mike Durner at Carmichael. I would get discouraged because I wasn't making progress and then one day I would make a jump.

My plan over the next, now, 3 weeks is to concentrate on threshold work with at least one 2.5 hour or greater ride to keep endurance moderately up.

I had breakfast this morning with Fred Flanders. Fred just retired from the MS Society where he was instrumental in organizing the cycling teams. He is riding again and he and I will ride together soon.

Also was forwarded information on a group of senior riders here in Boulder. Looks like they do pretty nice rides Wednesday and Friday. I am going to ride with them as often as I can. I am making changes to my training plan to accommodate those rides.

I will post my training plan next week. I need to get it more understandable (e.g. explain what some of the different exercises are) and add the senior rides to the plan.

Weekly summary: 12 hours exercise, 144 miles cycling, 4432 KCal and TSS of 526.

1 comment:

Prahlad said...

Data Entry Outsourcing Projects Available at www.visionjobcare.com

visionjobcare.comoffers different types of outsourcing projects. Online data entry is one of the best home job for housewives, unemployed, students and part time job finders. Easy Job, just spend 2hrs. daily, & make massive monthly income. We pay you $5 per Assignment. Each Assignment of 5 lines.
For more details E-mail us at support.visionjob@gmail.com
Visit Us at http://www.visionjobcare.com