Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Talk about not Paying Attention

I have been struggling to hit my target power on my threshold work. No problem hitting my heart rate--in fact to hit my target power I am much at much too high a heart rate. It was very discouraging--and tiring.

Then last weekend the weather was good for a long ride outside so off I go. And I am having the same problem. I am not generating the right power for the level of effort. I am starting to think I have a problem. I am slogging along with my quads burning when I realize my saddle is too low.

I get home and measure my saddle height. It is 62cm. It is supposed to be 73cm. Basically my saddle had fallen all the way down and I hadn't noticed. Jeez!

Needless to say having my saddle at the right height makes a world of difference.

Weekly totals: 10:30 total workouts, 103 cycling miles, TSS=381 and 3600 kcal.

No comments: