Sunday, August 28, 2011

Making Some Progress

At least on the fitness front, I am starting to see some improvement. Not to be mistaken for back to form. I did two fifty mile rides this week and one twenty mile ride. The fifty mile rides were slow, about 3:20 elapsed time, which is a good 20-30 minutes slower than my standard pace. And I was pretty wiped out and took the following day completely off. Still, I consider 3 1/2 hour rides progress.

I am also doing more running albeit my running pace consists of a lot of walking and a little jogging and no outright running. But my outer gluts were weak to start with and after laying around most of the summer they are nothing. Need some impact work and some side-to-side work to strengthen me.

Nothing on the legal front. My new bike should be in soon and I will just have to pay for it and plan on getting reimbursed by the insurance company.

On Labor Day weekend we are having a cookout for everyone that helped while I was recovering. Some people obviously can't come but we want to thank everyone that did everything from mow my yard to sending a get well card. Having never been sick or injured before, I didn't really understand how much those things, big and little, help.

Thanks.
Weekly Summary: Total training hours 10:45, miles cycling 120, TSS=606 Kcal=4560

No comments: