Thursday, October 20, 2011

Base 1 Continues with a Small Setback

Tom Hardman had a crash a few weeks ago but reports he is healing well. That is good news.

I have been following my base 1 plan which basically is increasing my time at level 3. Started with three ten minutes intervals with five minutes between but that turned out to be too easy. So last week I increased it to three twenty minutes intervals with seven minutes rest. I did these at the top of the level 3 power.

Not to get too excited, the top of level 3 is still about 20 watts below what it was this time last year. Still I was feeling pretty good.

Then last Saturday I did a two hour endurance ride and it was harder than it should have been. And then Sunday I am sick. Undoubtedly something that my granddaughter carried from her daycare. It knocked me down Sunday through Tuesday, Wednesday I spend with my granddaughter as my standard day off. Today is Thursday and I still am weak but plan on going to the gym for the first time since last Friday. Hopefully I am back on the bike tomorrow. The weather looks good for the next few days.

No comments: