Sunday, May 13, 2012

Training Interruptus

I knew I was going to have a few days in early May when I would not be able to train at all.  So I was pushing the pace to get as far as I could before I had to take five days off the bike.  But I tired a couple of days early and ended up with seven days off the bike.  But even before the off-the-bike period began I knew it was going to be a deeper training setback than a week.  With sitting my granddaughter and my daughter and husband visiting my long training sessions will have to wait.  It will be May 24th before I can even consider an all-day ride and it could be May 26th.  In short, I will be lucky to hold my fitness through May. 

I am glad to sit my granddaughter and it is always fun when my daughter and her husband visit.  I would rather they come than stay on my training schedule.

Until I can return to long rides the plan will consist of two and occasionally three hour rides hopefully 5 or 6 days a week. 

My old friend Ron Volkmar is cycling across the southern tier solo.  His wife Mona is providing moving support.  Follow him at http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=1&page_id=270077&v=8c

No comments: