Sunday, June 17, 2012

Volume Up--Too Late?

With the major family commitments behind I am getting all the training in my body can absorb.  Unfortunately I think it is too late for me to get to the level of fitness it will take to ride the Double Triple Bypass (DTB)--120 miles and 11,000 feet of climbs on Saturday and back on Sunday.  I have already made a backup plan to ride a bus back to Evergreen Sunday morning if I don't feel I can make the second day.  Having a backup plan almost insures I will use the backup plan. 

Probably I am rationalizing but the DTB was more of a checkpoint that a major goal.  The goal is the Eastern Mountain ride in September. 

But this is all defeatist talking.  It is still three training weeks away and I am in excellent shape.  I just haven't proven to myself I can do a 10-12 hour ride and recover enough to do it again next day.  And given the time left and the need to be careful about how hard I push, I won't know until I am on the route.

Training week summary:  Total Training 39:30 hrs, 256 miles, Total Climb=13,500', TSS=742, and KCal=7300.


1 comment:

salangane said...

By employing a lot of these movies, there' no requirement to read the paper the long running scrolls to grasp the brand new ways. At
office 2010 key video lessons, the helper gives every one element from the written content and provides a simple examine concerning the a variety of that options at the
office 2010 professional. All the video clips which are contained in the COMPACT DISC insures all the subject matter required earn is important the a variety of any advances also, the brand-new options that will be included in the brand new variant associated with Work. Time of which must take care of all the tips within the brand-new version is also significantly diminished as a result of the employment of job video. All of the clips are actually given by the skilled training companies who're well informed throughout use of
the free office 2010 software system just like the PowerPoint 2010, Exceed 2010, Get 2010 as well as the
rest of the Office applications.