Sunday, July 1, 2012

One Week of Hard Training Left

Hard to believe there is less than two weeks until the Double Triple Bypass (DTB).  I started training 45 weeks ago for this ride and while I am not quite in the shape I wanted to be I think I am close enough.  The mountains will test me and let me know.

June was a great training month.  Per my plan I had to back off high intensity work to build endurance.  The endurance is up but the high end power is down.  I compensated for that by changing my cassette to an 11-36.  I should be able to grind up a wall with a 36 in back.

June summary:  Total training hours 78:40, total miles 1010, TSS=3114 and KCal=29630.  Total feet climbed in June 65,475.  That is the highest volume, most training hours and most climbs I have ever done training in a month.  I have done more on the Southern Transcontinental.  At the half year point I have rode 3844 miles.   

For the next training week I will continue riding about 20 hours, 250 miles, and 18,000 feet of climbs.  I will shift to tapering either Sunday or Monday next week depending on how my legs feel.  But given the fatigue hole I am starting this week I expect to have to back off by Sunday for sure.  My CTL is 95.  I want to hit 100 before tapering.  With major rides planned on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I should push my CTL to 100 but my TSB is going to be very negative.  Have to watch that carefully.


1 comment:

salangane said...

The actual upcoming discharge of MS office 2010 download seems to have provided a substantial amount the eye.
Microsoft Workplace is amongst the most critical software globally from desktop computer products. This software program can be obtained from any type of business office 2010 product key setting. This imminent discharge of? Microsoft Workplace download office 2010 has provided a substantial amount the interest with many most people internationally.
The main bundle belonging to the Office applications might be popular by just home business pros and other office associated personnel. It truly is, thus, somewhat important
that any kind of employee update versions his or her's competencies just by finding out how to employ Microsoft's office 2010.