Saturday, September 29, 2012

Post Rides Days 2 and 3

Had lunch with Gail Thursday at one of the marinas. It was not Mexican that I thought she suggested. I had a lobster roll and she had mussels.  Wonderful.
I had a great time with Gail.  Look forward to seeing her next time she is in Colorado.

Thursday night I went to Orino ME to see David and Shellie Batuski. David gave me a tour of the campus where, after 24 years, he is a fixture. Shellie gave me a tour of Bangor including Stephen King's house. Note the fence.

One of Stephen King's neighbors came by and told us that he had just refurbished this white house as his library.  Again, note the fence.

I had lunch with David then drove the short distance to the Bangor airport (tiny).  My flight was almost 2 hours late leaving which was fine because I had a 3.5 hr layover in LaGuardia anyway.  But my flight to Denver was over two hours late itself. 

I arrived home at about 1am Saturday just a couple hours short of exactly three weeks after I left.  Very happy to be home.

Thanks to everyone who followed, commented, and/or wondered about my sanity on this ride. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Larry.
Another awesome adventure.

Jean and Bob

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another adventure accomplished!!! Thanks for allowing us all to follow along with your postings. It's fun to take the trip along with you with all the posts.

Looking forward to the next one!!

Keith Escue

PS you are living my motto
"Enjoy Life, this is not a rehearsal"