Thursday, February 14, 2013

Time to Pick Up the Pace

For most of this calendar year I have been working to improve my power and I have made some progress.  Also, for the last month, I have been sitting my granddaughter and grandson from 6:30 am to usually after 5 pm.  That has left me with little time to really train.  I have been getting up at 4:30 to 5:00 so that I can get a 40-50 minute hard interval session in.  That does little for endurance.

Then the weekends have been pretty unfriendly for cycling.

Don't get me  wrong.  I enjoyed keeping the babies and would gladly drop any personal plans I have to do more if needed.  Now I will keep them one or two days a week and that leaves plenty of time to train.

February 15th the training program kicks into high gear.  I will still be limited to a lot of trainer intervals and that is OK, I have lost some anaerobic power and maybe some top end power.  I need more flexibility and general strength (I haven't been to the gym in two months).  And I have gained eight pounds since I got back from the Eastern Mountain Tour the first of October.  Still, I am ahead of where I was last year and in many respects ahead of where I was starting the Eastern Mountain Tour.

So tomorrow I step it up.