Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Good Start

First week of April was a solid start.  Weather was excellent and I was able to ride all that my legs would absorb.  One ride was the climb up Hwy 7 to Hwy 72.  That is a fourteen mile climb with 2800 feet of climbs.  The entire ride takes four hours, goes 60 miles and climbs a total of 4600'.  I was surprised that I was able to make the climb as fast as I could all of last year with the exception of one ride in August.  That ride is another verification that my winter training has me in better condition than ever for this time of year.

Total weekly:  177 miles, 16 hours of training, TSS of 626 and 6476 Kcal.  Total feet climbed was 9630' versus a plan of 10,000'.

Next week weather looks bad.  Rain Monday and a blizzard on Tuesday (a foot of snow) which means messy roads and cold weather until at least Friday.  Back on the trainer for some strength training.

No comments: