Sunday, May 12, 2013

Getting Somwhere

Well finally the weather is cooperating and I am getting some good riding in.  This was another strong week riding 195 miles and climbing 10,500 feet.

With the weather forecast to be warm and only one day of family obligations (planned) I am going to do an overload week.  Unfortunately I can't overload as much as I would like because I am just behind in my conditioning.  But the timing is very favorable.

I will crunch out 250 miles minimum this week and climb 15,000 feet minimum with one ride climbing at least 7,000 feet.  Then a relatively easy week of 150 miles and 10,000 feet of climbs followed by a regular training week of 200 miles and 14,000 feet of climbs.  Finally a tapering week followed by the Ride the Rockies which, at 513 miles and 20,000 feet of climbs, can be considered another overload week.

No comments: