Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 4 of 12--Very Difficult Week

By Thursday of last week I was down another pound plus and at my lowest weight of the year.  But then all kinds of things took me off diet and in the end I finished the week down 0.2 pounds for down 5 lbs in four weeks.

On Thursday I attended a funeral for my wife's uncle and then watched my grandchildren for the rest of the day.  I lost a planned exercise day.

This was planned as a light week anyway.  Over the three prior weeks I had averaged over 200 miles a week and with dieting I was tired.  Still, I hadn't planned to miss Thursday.

I did manage to get 50 miles in on Friday but the house was a whirlwind getting ready for the weekend.  Saturday was my granddaughter's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese--pizza, soda and cake (homemade with great icing).  I had some of it all.  Sunday was a pool party with pizza, subs, and cookies (excellent homemade chocolate chip).  I had too much.  Plus, Saturday, my wife wanted to go out to dinner where things started out good (ordered salmon) but went to crud when I got a lobster and artichoke appetizer with chips.

Looking ahead this will be another challenging diet and exercise week.  Two days of sitting the grandchildren and guests over on Sunday for Labor Day and a birthday party.

Totals for the week:  6:30 training, 93 miles, and 2500 KCal.  

No comments: