Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 9 of 12 and September Summary

Overall September was a disappointment as I fell well short of all my goals.

As expected after having my weight be flat for a few weeks, spending four nights in a hotel and eating out caused me to gain a little weight.  Granted, it was only 0.2 lbs but that means over the last three weeks I have gained 0.2 lbs.  6.2 lbs lost in nine weeks isn't very good.

In weak defense, I am bouncing along at a weight I have only achieved recently after multi-week rides and haven't maintained since the 1970's.  I am only 6-7 lbs above what I was at when I returned from Vietnam in 1975 and was 27.  But I need to get below that 1975 weight if I am to keep climbing Colorado mountains and need to get far below it if I want to climb them well.

October has more challenges from dinners, house guests, and birthday parties.  And then there is November, December and January and their weight challenges.

I only rode 553 miles in September.  I had planned to ride 750.  Weather and family obligations took a toll.  Over the last 12 months I have rode 7,295 miles.

The one bright spot is power.  I did a FTP test on the 30th for the first time since last winter.  My power is a little higher than it has ever been.  That is good because in October I begin my power building phase of my annual training plan.  It is good to be stronger year over year.


No comments: