Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

I can't believe it is Thanksgiving already.  Like a lot of people I struggle through the holidays with overeating.  And this year is no exception.  Add to that I have been fighting through two nasty colds for a month and I am already in weight trouble.

I am four pounds heavier than I was last year and last year I gained four pounds through December 31.  If I do that again this year I am in real trouble in 2014.  Right now I am twelve pounds higher than I wanted to finish the year.  That goal has splatted.

Not surprisingly to me, that goal is always getting splatted.  I want to get close to my best weight since returning from flying in SEA in the 1970's.  It is my weight goal every year and I have missed every year--badly.

So here I go again.  My wife knows I am getting back on the diet after today and she really understands what it is to be frustrated by weight gain.

As for training:  I am experimenting with a nine-day training cycle instead of seven.  Joe Friel suggests that to get more rest with the increase in VO2Max and threshold work during this phase.  I also want to do more things including Pilates, weights, downhill skiing, P90X training, and running.  It takes more days to get through everything.

More on that as I develop my training plan.

Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope you have as much to be thankful for as I do.  My life is blessed.

No comments: