Saturday, January 4, 2014

December, 2013 Summary and 2014 Plan

December continued the trend I have had all fourth quarter--sickness, other obligations, company, dinners, and weather.  Total training in December was 27:30 hours training and 329 miles.  That is poor.

Overall, though, 2013 was an excellent year.  Total training in 2013 was 555 hrs and 7225 miles. Weight-wise I had the lowest highest weight (got that?) since I started keeping records in 1995.  Still I did not make any progress in getting my weight down further.

2014 is off to a great start.  My family and I discussed what rides I would like to do in 2014 and what other plans we have (and there are a lot) and we settled on the PAC Ridge of the Rockies ride in September.  It goes from Kalispell MT to Albuquerque (1675 miles in 16 days) but I will stop at Durango (1312 miles in 12 days).  What makes this ride extra special are days off in Yellowstone and Jackson for some exploring.  I really want to cycle around in Yellowstone.

But this is another hard climbing ride so I have set some training objectives before I sign up.  The first, and hardest, is to bring my Power/Wt from 2.74 to above 3.0 which means increasing my power while dropping more than 10 pounds.

I am off to a good start.  I did a CP-30 on January1 raising my FTP by 10 watts.  However I am seven pounds higher than my last CP-30 which means the Power/Weight is the same.

As usual I will write openly about my progress.




No comments: